Thursday 12 July 2012

Challenge 70-Buttons

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well! Elaine here with our new challenge for the fortnight-and our theme this time is 'Buttons'. I love Buttons as they are so versatile-we would love to see any of your projects using Buttons as a feature-I cant wait to see what you come up with!
Here are our fabulous inspiration pieces by our Design Team

I have used Paper and Cross Stitch Greeting from the Retro Home CD with buttons in the shape of Butterflies as my focal point.

I've used the new Retro Home cd to create my tag and embellishments including the buttons which I've covered with clear embossing powder to give them a realistic shine. 

For my first Design Team card I used the Oz collection(I am an Ozaholic).  I used papers and embellishments and layered them for some dimension. I have made Dorothys shoes and Glindas wand and crown glittery, the Wizard has a pair of shiny shoes thanks to Glossy Accents which I also added to the Lions and Totos nose. I popped a love heart button onto the roof of the house.

All elements are from the Retro Home Collection..drool! lol
  papers- retro star,multi-dot and stripe
sentiment- hand stitched 'with love'
digi stamps-kettle,housewife,scales and worktop (coloured using my promarkers)

everything else is from my stash including the buttons that came from my local charity shop



I created my card using the Say Cheese Digi kit. It was all created digitally and then printed. I added some ribbon and mounted the topper on the woodgrain paper from the kit to add some more dimension.


For my first card with the Design team I made a card using the fabulous Steam Punk CD. All papers,embellishments and sentiments are from the CD. I distressed the edges of the papers and edged with copper Versacolor.The buttons were printed out and coated with Glossy Accents to add some shine.

Claireliz
Claire used papers from the Steampunk CD to alter this old sweet tin, adding buttons to the top!


I hope you will join us in this challenge, we cant wait to see what you come up with! Just add a direct link to your project in the Linky below, you have until midnight on 22nd July - Good luck! :-)



7 comments:

  1. Love the sweets tin...It is sew special! I couldn't resist:)

    All the other design team creations are great too but really love that tin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific creations, DT! Thanks for a great challenge. I love buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely DT projects, thank you for the great challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun challenge..loved playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute creations from the DT; thanks for the fun challenge...I had fun "playing" with my buttons...not so much fun threading the twine though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the fabulous challenge--the DT projects are AMAZING!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the cards are so cute. Beautiful designs. I have worked for the plastic business cards and these cards inspire me so much. I really appreciate all these cards.

    ReplyDelete