Friday 24 January 2014

ATC card

Hi! It's Sharon here with my first post on the new look Sarah Hurley365.

I've been going through a dry spell recently (think my mojo's still on Christmas leave!) so I turned to Sarah's A Few of my Favourite Things kits for inspiration as there's always something new that catches my eye!

Not long after I started making cards, I came across ATCs and was hooked-have been ever since.
Artist Trading Cards are 2.5 by 3.5 inches and are a brilliant way to experiment and use up odd bits of card. Traditionally they're swapped(but never sold) and there are loads of forums around for people who want to swap with others. I've received some fabulous ATCs in the past and my collection is an inspiration in itself.




I stamped the background crosses in gold using Sarah's stamp from one of the kits and the embellishments are from one of the Snip 'n' Stick sheets(like Natalie I'm a big fan of these!). When I'd finished I decided to use my ATC to embellish a card, another great use for ATCs and with all the goodies in Sarah's kit you can build up quite a stash of ATC toppers!



The finished card looks like this.

I hope I've inspired anyone who hasn't tried ATCs to have a bash and if anyone wants to swap,I'm always up for that!

3 comments:

  1. Love the colour tones of this Sharon, and such a perfect way to create a card - starting small with ATC's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool - I love the little pocket. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the ATC as a topper on the card. Xxx

    ReplyDelete