Tuesday 21 January 2014

Keeping it simple.....

Hi all,

It's Natalie this late evening with some tips on keeping it simple with Sarah's kits. I love to create "simple" pages and "simple" cards with a touch of ink and a sprinkle of colour.

I don't know about you, but i love the "snip n stick" elements that come with the kits. I'm not a huge fan of fussy cutting but these are just perfect to cut out, even with my injured arm.

Onto my first card. I always have to use paint or ink in almost everything i create.
I used a yellow mist on this card. I sprayed very close to the card to get a block of colour and drips. As the card was drying i tapped it gently on ,my desk to create a "splatter" effect.



I used the december kit washi tape and snip n stick elements to create a small cluster of embellishments then added a prima flower selected to match sarah's kit perfectly.
I used sarah's wooden butterfly and some Adorn it mini alphas to finish. 


My next card is super simple, but effective. I used Ranger Ink to create a giant "splat" and then cut out a flower from the snip n stick. I used a dynamo to type the word "love" and that's it. If i was to add anything else it would be some scattered bling....but i ran out of glossy accents.



I still have enough of this kit to create several more cards and several layouts! Stay tuned to my blog and sarah's to see what else can be made from this kit.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see some of your creations with sarah's kits soon!

Natalie xx


7 comments:

  1. They might be simple, but they are visually bold! The pennants on the birthday card remind me of candles, especially with the yellow background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAbulous & elegant Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how such simple cards can have a great effect - love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ink splodge - very cool!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them: they are very rock!

    ReplyDelete