Wednesday 19 February 2014

Bee Amazing

Hi everyone, it's Carol here today and I am going to share a card I have made using two sets of Sarah's stamps.

I love the whole honeycomb trend just now and couldn't resist the fab Hexagon Background Stamp and decided to use this along with the Be Amazing Girl Stamps to make a bee themed card.

Firstly, I stamped the background using Versa Mark ink and covered it with black embossing powder to make it look like a honeycomb. I heated it from behind, I find it gives it a much smoother shinier result. I did this twice, you will see why when you look at the picture.  I then stamped the gorgeous Be Amazing Girl onto white card, coloured her face and limbs in using promarkers and cut her out.  I used a bit of magickery on the Be Amazing sentiment so I could have an extra "E", hooray for post-it notes. I also used embossing powder on this and it looks really smooth and shiny.  

I stamped the girl onto the extra piece of embossed paper and cut out her dress, how funky does that look? And I opted to just pop some wee sequins in her beehive hairdo.

I used a honeycomb embossing folder on some Tim Holtz Core'dinations to add some more dimension.

Ingredients
Versa Mark & Memento Ink
Black embossing powder
Promarkers
Honeycomb Embossing folder from Stampin Up
Sequins and papers from stash

I hope this inspires you to bee crafty, thanks for popping by.

1 comment: