Sunday 9 February 2014

Smart Boy Scrapbook Layout

Hello there, Claireliz here, how are you today?

I'm loving the new 12x12 papers in Sarah's A Few Of My Favourite Things Kit & as soon as the postie delivered this months kit I broke into it & got cracking.

One of my favourite techniques is making shaped layouts & it's really easy, over the years whenever I've been in a craft shop I've kept my eyes open for 12x12 sheets of die cut papers or cardstock, when I get them home I grab an ordinary piece of 12x12 cardstock & draw around the die cut 12x12 onto the square 12x12, then cut it out, you now have a template, to make a smaller version of this for the background patterned paper, I again draw around the die cut piece onto a square 12x12 then cut it out, but, this time cut roughly one inch inside of the line of the shape making a smaller template. All you need to then is keep the templates somewhere safe & use them whenever the need to make a shaped layout takes you.

Once I'd cut my white cardstock & the blue polka dot patterned paper I started layering my other papers & embellishments onto the page, I'm a paper shuffler type of scrapper & I don't stick anything down until I'm happy with the final look...


Instagram prints are the perfect size photos for shaped layouts as you have a bit less space to work with. I layered the photo & a journaling card onto the turquoise paper & tucked a small piece of the orange heart paper under the turquoise so it peeks out. The little banners are attached with 3d foam pads. Finally I stamped a heart onto the border of the border of the photo using the stamps that are in the My Favourite Things Kit, added a bow to one of the banners & 3 cork dots to the journal card. As an extra finishing touch I doodled some stitching around the edge of the white cardstock & the orange & turquoise patterned papers.

Well that's all from me, thanks for stopping by, it's been lovely to see you. I hope I've inspired you to cut into patterned papers to create shaped layouts.

Take care & hope to see you soon.

xx




2 comments: