Thursday 3 April 2014

Scrapbooking with A Few of My Favourite Things Kit

Hello, Claireliz here.

Every month I stalk my postman for a few days, not just for fun though, as soon as I know that Sarah has posted the AFOMFT kits out I lay in wait for my kit to arrive, sometimes if I'm quick I open the front door before he's even rung the door bell, this month was no exception, the Doodle Love kit arrived & was opened with squeals of delight and expressions of "oooh bright pink!" it's safe to say it made me happy.

Bright colours can be a bit intimidating if you are using them all together, but there are a few tricks to making a scrapbook layout that really pops...


I started with a piece of white cardstock and then splattered it with hot pink, aqua, yellow and lime green spray inks, allowing the ink to dry in between colours so that they didn't run together creating an inky mess. When all of the inks had dried I doodled a stripy border around the edge of the cardstock.
As soon as I saw the hot pink grid paper I thought "doodled frame" so I drew a frame, cut it out, doodled around the edges just following the lines of the frame, then I inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink, I then used the paper that was cut from the centre of the frame, this is the turquoise paper, I cut it in half, inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink again and positioned it just behind the top and bottom of the frame. I felt it wasn't quite popping enough so a quick look in the kit box revealed a 6x4 card which was spotty on one side and lime green on the other, again I cut this in half, inked it up and positioned this behind the frame on the left and right hand sides. I then cut up the Live out Loud 6x4 card and positioned these at the top and bottom of the turquoise papers. By now I was happy with the positioning so I doodled some faux stitching around the edges of all of the papers. I was then able to stick everything into place. As a finishing touch I added the neon yellow resin bow & some small foam Thickers for the title. The black ink on the edges of the papers helps it all to stand out from the white background.

Well that's all from me for today, thanks for stopping by, we'd love to see what you make with this months AFOMFT kit.

C xx

2 comments:

  1. fab scrapbook page loving the bright colours and the doodling framing it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO as always Claire, I love the colours and beautiful picture xx

    ReplyDelete