Friday 30 May 2014

Scrapbooking with A Few of My Favourite Things

Hello there, Claireliz here, how are you?

Today I've got a pink and girly scrapbook page to share with you. It's not often I get to do pink and girly even though I have an 8 year old daughter, she is the most ungirly girl, she refuses to wear dresses or anything pretty and will only wear pink if it's hot pink, I cannot imagine where she gets it from... erm, what's that saying.... "like mother, like daughter"

There was a time when she was girly but that was before she started having a say in her wardrobe and luckily enough I had the presence of mind to take this particular photo because it will never happen again....


Here she is aged 5 in her little pink leotard, tutu & wrap cardigan at her ballet lesson with her ballerina doll, oh so sweet, she stopped going to ballet after her first ballet exam as she didn't really enjoy it and they wanted to move her into the next class which was mostly full of tweenagers and teenagers.

As soon as I saw Sarah's Neopolitan A Few of My Favourite Things kit, I knew I was going to scrap this photo, it also gave me the opportunity to use the teeny pink dress embellishment that had been in crafty stash for longer than I can remember.

I ripped the papers into strips and inked the edges with Pumice Stone Distress Ink,which is a great colour for when you want some definition but not as harsh as Black or Brown. I arranged the strips onto the cardstock then ripped a square of the pink paper for the mat behind the photo. Once I'd arranged them on the page there was still something missing so I cut circles out from the Stamp & Stick sheet and cut them in half, I used these to make the scalloped border at the bottom of the page. When I was happy with the layout I stuck everything to the page. I added a strip of ribbon and a string of pearl beads.

The photo is an Instagram print from Printed.com, they are printed on really thick card so they're great for attaching with 3d foam pads as they don't sag of get too squashed in your scrapbook album.

I cut the banners from the Stamp & Stick sheet and attached them to the top of the page and used the little gold feathers as wings behind the dress embellishment. I used Thickers for the title and finally drew a little doodly border around my page.

That's all from me for today, hope to see you soon.

Claireliz xx

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Claire, the picture is gorgeous and is perfect with the papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous layout and your wee girl looks just adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout and gorgeous girl too. The papers are pink without being too over the top baby pink. It's beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete