Thursday 15 May 2014

Teenage Birthday ...


Welcome back to to our blog, and thank you very much if you have entered our challenge this month.
The theme is 'Anything Goes', so if you havn't already why not have a go.

My name is Claire (Newcombe) one of 3 Cla(i)r(e)'s on our team. I still consider myself to be the newbie on the team, but in actual fact I have been on the team for 1 year now - wow how that time has flown.

For you today I have made a card for the son of my best friend.


To create the background, you can see here, I have used three spray mists through the Sarah's chevron mask. 
This is still a fairly new technique for me (and one I'm determined to master), and from this photo you can see I learned an invaluable lesson today - to wait for each layer to dry before applying the next!

The chevron mask was applied twice, the left (and first) impression shows the colours bleeding, and not doing the mask justice. The clarity is clear to see in the right hand side, and this is the impression I used for the card.


To layer and complete the card, to suit a 14 year old boy, can be fairly tricky.
 I reached for Sarah's kit she sent us from her 'A Few of My Favourite Things' club back in september.


I really didn't need to add too much because I didn't want to cover up too much of the background. What is hard to see in the photo, is the beautiful glimmer the inks on the background give. I am not a huge fan of glitter as such, but this is subtle and so apt for the astrological theme of this kit.

 I added a hint of silver to the card, in keeping with the theme, behind the sentiment and under the main layers (just to the right). I used product that is again fairly new to me also, and one that I am fast becoming to love, and that is Washi Tape, and if you are familiar with Sarah's blog then you will know that she is very partial too, and has a lovely selection to chose from HERE.



There are a couple of personalised touches (initials added with rub-ons, and date) to this card, because as I mentioned I made it with someone in mind, hopefully it will give you some fresh ideas how to add that special touch to a card. 
Its all about sharing ideas isn't it, and I would love to know your thoughts and possibly see your designs.


Thank you for joining me today.


2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Claire, I love the colours you have used xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this and thanks for sharing your top tip about leaving the ink to dry between layers. I've yet to try this technique so note has been taken :-)

    ReplyDelete