Friday 20 June 2014

A Touch of Teal ...


Hello, I'm back today with a card previewing some new stamp due into Sarah's shop soon, and also demonstrating a way to alter any chip board shapes you may have lurking in your stash.


 Although I have forgotten to include the banner in the photo, you can see the finish of the slide frame before the embossing process began. Both the slide frame and the small banner shape in the corner, were both coated in 3-4 layers of white embossing powder, with the initial layer of powder being adhered to the chipboard shape with versamark ink. The subsequent layers are layered on top of the molton powder. I stop layering when I am happy with a smooth colour consistent finish. 
To get the flower impression in the embossing powder (have your stamp to hand, inked to aid the release) and while the powder is still hot, press in the stamp, then allow to cool before trying to release the stamp. This technique I will re-visit in the future and put together a more detailed tutorial for you.



The main (circuit board) backing paper is one of Sarah's designs. The paper edged and also stencilled (with triangles)  with versamark ink before embossing with the white powder again to give a shabby chic type frame.

I prepared the card blank by inking (direct from ink pad to paper) the outside edge in a complimentary colour, before over stamping with the same colour using Sarah's large crackle background stamp. The majority of this pattern will be covered, but to be honest I was really pleased with how it looks, so I've made a note to myself to create this look as the main feature of a card next time.



The focal point of the card, the bird, is a fabulous image, from the new set of stamps soon to be in Sarah's shop. Keep an eye on the website, as this is one of many new items that are due to be launched in the shop soon.
The card is layered up with elements from elements from Sarah's embellishments range.

I hope you have enjoyed what I've shared, remember to check back in with us often to get more inspiration.
have a lovely day.
Claire x

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Claire, I love it. The wee banner embellie is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete