Thursday 5 June 2014

Challenge 93 - SUMMER BRIGHTS

Hello, it's Claire N here today to introduce you to our June challenge - SUMMER BRIGHTS

The nestlings have fledged, the nights are drawing out, and the flowers are beginning to bloom. When the sun is out there is a definite feeling of summer in the air and everything appears much more vibrant.

I have tried to capture everything that sums up summer (for me) in my card, by using bright colours contained within white embossing powder. I have used a range of stamps across Sarah's range Dream a Little Dream Doodle Doll, Woodgrain background, Doodle Home Stamps (clouds), Personal Impression stamp set 'Picnic in the Park' (flowers, bunting, ladybird).
There are more details on my blog.



We also have a guest designer who will be joining this challenge with us. Please welcome Deborah Hurry. Crocheting is her first love so she added a crochet flower on this thank you card for her  youngest daughters teacher. Inside it says thank you for helping me sail through primary one...how cute!



So lets see how the rest of the team have captured summer in their creations,

Clare

I created this super bright card using paper from Sarah's March 'A Few Of My Favourite Things' March kit. I also the girl and sentiment from the Doodle Doll Princess stamp set which I have recently added to my collection. I really love this set! The fence stamp is from my Garden Fairy set and the different sized  flowers are from my Woodland Fairy set.







I have ventured into a new addiction that is Project Life for this challenge, I used papers, card and embellishments from several of the  A Few Of My Favourite Things kits. I used stamps from Outline & Block Alpha Stamps





 I have used a couple of journalling cards from Sarah's A Few of My Favourite Things kits, along with Sentiments Stamps, lace, doodling and a few flat backed pearls.



I created a desktop background for my computer using the April A Few Of My Favourite Things 365 digital kit. I wanted something fun and summery and bright that would cheer me up every time I sat down to work on my computer!



I used a combination of the Documented365 kits from Sarah. I love how great different kits work together in projects.  I used layering on this card using embellishments from A Few of My Favorite Things, March Snip and Stick sheet. I added a vellum sheet to keep a part of the base to add my elements.


These are my summer colours. The background is the Fancy Deco Lattice stamp, the butterflies are a new stamp coming soon and the letters are from the Block Alpha stamp set.


Claireliz

I used Sarah's Doodle Love AFOMFT kit for this layout... as soon as I saw the exclusive lightning bolt stamp I knew I had to scrap this photo of our daughter Hermione at the Legoland Discovery Centre at the Trafford Centre in Manchester last year...



Sharon

For my summer bright make I decided to cheer up my kitchen wall! I used papers and embellishments from AFOMFT kits along with some washi tape (don't you just love it!) and cotton to decorate a picture frame from the pound shop!






Prizes

 First place - £10 voucher for Sarah's shop
 Second place - a blog badge ( email Sarah)
 Third place - a blog badge ( email Sarah)

This months special prize for one lucky winner drawn from entries using any of Sarah's products is.....


Last challenge winners can be found here

You have until 28th June to enter and goodluck!



No comments:

Post a Comment