Wednesday 18 June 2014

In the details, my Project Life.


As soon as I received my kit package for April I knew instantly I'd use it for a Project Life layout. I kept everything together in the plastic bag until I had my photo's ready and thought I'd share with you the process as I created my weekly spread.



This is the kit and boy was it a bumper kit this time. As well as the full sized papers and journaling cards there was a sticky backed cork sheet, photo corners and a clock face. 


There were two 4 x 6 cards so I cut another two from one of the 12 x 12 sheets and a few other 4 x 3 cards from another sheet. I rounded all my corners as I prefer that look, then arranged them how I wanted them in the layout.


I cut out the embellishments from the Snip and Stick sheet, well die cut them actually, and cut the letters and some other embellishments from the cork sheet. The dies I used for the speech bubble and lady were wafer thin but still cut through the cork sheet without a problem
.
To go with my title I really wanted a banner and had a piece of grey card to hand which matched perfectly. I have a really neat chalk board writing pen which, when used on card or paper doesn't rub off and gives a fabulous chalky finished look. I used it to draw a banner to cut out and use on my first card.


This is how my title card ended up. With the banner, the die cut letters and some stars and the 'this week' taken from a previous kit. I always add the date on the title card too simply with an office date stamp.


On this card the cloud theme fitted perfectly with what I wanted to document which was the unusual sky and rainbow during the evening.  I layered my card and embellishments from the Snip and Stick sheet on top of one another using foam pads and the clock with some glossy accents to hold it in place slipped in perfectly.  I usually type my journaling on an old typewriter as I hate handwriting anything.


 In the next few photo's you'll see that despite what I said about handwriting, I have used it as titles on the cards. Well, I'll tell you a secret. If you use a paint brush or wide pen and write a word or phrase on card, then cut it out, it'll take on a whole different look. This is how I've added my words. It's a fiddly process to cut around all of a word but it's so worth it when you do and will make any handwriting look cool.


The little flowers from the Snip and Stick card were given a coat of glossy accents to make them look shiny and dimensional but it's hard to see in the photo. I've used the photo corners and more typed journaling too.


 

So here is the finished layout.


I hope you enjoyed my process and thank you for taking the time to look. Sarah's monthly kits are perfect for PL and if you're not yet signed up to get them then you should be.

Jaine x

1 comment:

  1. brilliant Jaine, thank you so much - i really enjoyed your walk through PL x

    ReplyDelete