Sunday 15 June 2014

Paper Piecing Doll

Hi all, 
are you having a fab weekend so far and enjoying some sunshine? I know I am despite it being super busy one!
So today I'm (Clare) sharing with you my card for our summer brights challenge. You can check it out here. I'm a huge fan of Sarah's 'A Few Of My Favourite Things' monthly kit and when I saw this 12 x 12 bright patterned paper I knew exactly what I was going to use it for. The only trouble I had was plucking up the courage to cut it up lol. Anyone else guilty of hoarding beautiful  papers?

Sarah's Doodle Doll stamp sets are another love of mine, having recently added The Princess set to my collection. For my card I used the doll image stamping her on to white smooth card along with the fence from my very own Garden Fairy set. I also used the two different sized flower stamps from my Woodland Fairy set. 



Next I stamped and cut out the crown front the Princess Doodle Doll then created a couple of shpes from varies dies.


I then stamped the doll onto the patterned paper and coloured the crown using Promarkers. Both were added to my card using foam squares once all the images were coloured in.



There are several sentiments to choose from but this one in particular seemed fitting for my card.



 I also added foam pads to the back of my die cuts again creating some depth. Here's the finished result

 


arty view



Just before I go don't forget that our blog hop for Sarah's new World of Imagination ends tonight at midnight, starting at Sarah's blog and ending on this blog here!

Thankyou for stopping by and be sure to pop by again soon to see more inspiration from the fabulous design team.

Clare x

3 comments:

  1. I love your colourful card and how you made it. The scalloped paper is especially perfect for the dress. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, so glad you decided to do that with the dress, it is perfect :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly the same thoughts, that paper is perfect as a dress. X

    ReplyDelete