Tuesday 22 July 2014

A bit of nostalgia with a retro card.

It's my brothers birthday coming up and he's a bit of a bike fanatic. When making my card for him I knew I'd use the "On Your Bike" stamp set from my own collection as it features the trike we both had when we were little. Well actually it was always mine but I let him use it when he was a toddler! I was a generous sister like that :)



I stamped it with Memento ink so I could use my Promarkers to colour it in. I used a Sizzix polaroid die to cut it out which has a separate centre panel. This meant I could take it out and use Distress ink to add some ageing along with some water spots. I popped the centre back into the frame and used some foam pads to mount it onto the background. The background too was given an ageing treatment with Distress ink and water spots.


I layered up a film strip with some notebook edge and the Notebook Paper washi tape was attached to a piece of wax paper and put into my typewriter so I could add a little text.



I wonder if any of you had the same little bike or similar?

Jaine x

4 comments:

  1. Great post Jaine, and a lovely story...i did indeed have a similar trike, it had red handles with streamers out of each of them. I spent many fun hours with my sister scooting on the back x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to scoot on the back too. Happy times.

      Delete
  2. I had a similar bike too Jaine, your card is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete