Sunday 20 July 2014

Woodland Fairy

Hello and welcome to the Sarah Hurley 365 blog.

Today it's my turn (Clare) to post and this time I decided to create a layout using my own range of stamps. Here I have used my Woodland and Garden Fairy stamp sets which are available in Sarah's shop as part of her Special Edition range.

With any project I usually find a sketch, mine is from Scrap 365 but you could however design your own.The papers I used are from Sarah's A Few Of My Favourite Things Kit...love them!

I thought I'd try a bit of masking too, I used a large post it note to stamp on which was then cut out and placed over the main fairy image.



 The mushroom house was then stamped and the fact they are clear like all Sarah's stamps makes it really easy to position.


I recently purchased one of Sarah's acrylic stamp blocks which are just new in, I'm really impressed by the quality and they come in a variety of sizes.


I stamped a little bumble bee and swirl  directly on to the layout. Then some bunting was stamped,cut out and foam squares were added to give some depth. The same was done for the sentiment.


Finally I added some embellishments. The flowers are a Sizzix die, The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch and the circles are the spots from a Hello Kitty die also made by Sizzix.

Both main images were coloured using Promarkers, here's a list of colours

dress - starfish and turquoise
hair - caramel,cinnamon and putty
skin - light fawn
mushroom - pale blue,chestnut,poppy,green shoot and putty.

I don't normally use glitter but I thought it would be perfect for her wings, belt and shoes. Here's the finished result.


and a couple of close ups



Thank you for stopping by and don't forget our new monthly challenge ends on the 28th.







No comments:

Post a Comment