Tuesday 19 August 2014

Altered Clipboard

Morning all. Hope the weather is good where you are. I’m hoping it’s gorgeous and sunny in Cornwall as that’s where I will be when you read this post, enjoying a nice little holiday :-)

We have a fabulous challenge of Favourite Things this month (click the button on the right to go and read all about it). For me I find it so very hard to chose favourites of anything as I’m such a ditherer, but I have a bit of a thing for the colour grey at the moment so I combined that with another fave of mine….making to do lists and used Sarah’s fabulous AFOMFT kit papers to decorate this clipboard.

I have put off decorating this for quite a while as I knew I would get carried away and want to embellish it which would end up making it vey impractical to use. Sarah’s papers are so pretty and perfect for this as it looked fabulous without the need to add anything else.

The clipboard was painted with several coats of yellow acrylic paint and then sanded at the edges and inked with Weathered wood Distress Ink. The papers were stuck to the clipboard with PVA Glue. Lastly adding the ribbon right around the clipboard using Hi-Tac tape and tying a bow at the top.

Supplies:

  • A Few of My Favourite Things Kit (Ribbon and Paper)
  • MDF Clipboard (a bargain from a Pound Shop, think it was supposed to be a bingo board)
  • Yellow Acrylic Paint
  • Glitter Glue
  • PVA Glue
  • Hi-Tac Tape

Thanks for stopping by

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. This is great, here I come poundland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Lisa, I could decorate my walls with his paper too 😀

    ReplyDelete