Wednesday 29 October 2014

Concertina card

Hi and welcome to the Sarah Hurley 365 blog.

After seeing a concertina card in a recent craft magazine I really wanted to give it a try. Also I thought it would be the perfect way to showcase 4 of Sarah's Doodle Doll stamp sets. Each panel is dedicated to one stamp set, however as I have shown you in the past you can mix and match. I think their versatility is one of the reason I love them so much and in terms of value for money well it's in abundance!

Here's a little insight how it was made.

* To make the basic concertina card all you need are 3 card blanks which you stick together using double sided tape. So you don't have to worry about fussy measuring or cutting. I choose square but you could use any style or size and it would work just aswell.

*To create  the backgrounds all you need is one Tim Holtz distress ink pad and an ink tool. I deliberately only inked the centre creating a frame.

* To add more detail to the background several stamps were stamped directly onto the card.

* The sentiments were stampsed onto white card then cut out. Foam pads were added to give some depth.

* The dolls were stamped, coloured using promarkers then cut out. To give some depth I again added foam pads.

Here's some pictures showing you all sides.....




Here's a little insight how it was made.

* To make the basic concertina card all you need are 3 card blanks which you stick together using double sided tape. So you don't have to worry about fussy measuring or cutting. I choose square but you could use any style or size and it would work just aswell.

*To create  the backgrounds all you need is one Tim Holtz distress ink pad but I choose two colours  and an ink tool. I deliberately only inked the centre to create a frame.

* To add more detail to the background several stamps were stamped directly onto the card.

* The sentiments were stamped onto white card then cut out. Foam pads were added to give some depth.

* The dolls were stamped, coloured using Promarkers then cut out. To give some depth I again added foam pads.

  Here's a list of Sarah's Doodle Doll stamps that I used.


Hope you have enjoyed today's inspiration and be sure to come by soon to see more inspiration from the rest of the design team.

Clare x

No comments:

Post a Comment