Monday 13 October 2014

Scrappy Fun

Hi all,

Nicole here today to share a little step by step with you all. You may have seen my tag over on the challenge post a few weeks ago? I created a tag shaped door hanger for Halloween decor. Today I want to share the way I created the background.

I started off by paper piecing the image together. I coloured the flesh in a pink and green tone and added in the hair and dress.


I then gathered up a lot of my Halloween paper scraps and tore them into strips...

I then glued these all onto a piece of black card stock...

I then die cut a tag from this page using a Tim Holtz tag die...

I added a fun message from the stamp set...mmmm....brains!

I added my zombie girl and used a combination of glue and foam pads to mount it...


And here it is complete again. I don't know what happened to the colours on this final photo unfortunately but you get the idea!!

2 comments:

  1. This is fab Nicole! Her dress is brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you've used the scraps...... I really should do more paper tearing x

    ReplyDelete