Saturday 1 November 2014

Make a date!

Hello, it's Carol here today to share something completely different. Who can believe it is the first day of November already? It will be Christmas before we know it, and I am trying to get more organised this year(though I think we all say that every year!)

Today I will be showing you how to make a calendar that is an ideal wee gift for someone at Christmas. I picked up a pack of calendars on my last visit to the craft shop and was really stuck with what to do with them, so I visited Sarah's Online Silhouette Store and had a bit of a think and here is what I came up with.


1  Select a file to use, I picked the Shattered Triangles Background.  Place it onto your work space, highlight in then go to the "Scale Window", click on "lock aspect" and type in 5 in the W box. I made mine 5x5", but you can make it any size you want. Then duplicate it 3 times, and place into the corners of the mat.  You can do as many or as few as you like, I opted for 4 as I wanted 3 colours that would co-ordinate with my kitchen, and one frame. Put 4 pieces of paper just under 6x6" onto your mat, load it into your Cameo, and off you go.


2 Get a piece of thick card or grungeboard and cut it to 5x5", cover the edges with co-ordinating Washi tape, I used Silver Washi Tape. Pick another colour of card to work with the colours you have already picked and cut it to 5x5" then stick it onto the card.

3 Carefully remove the colour of the cut out you want as the frame from the Cameo mat, and stick it onto the base. I found the easiest way to do this was to cover the back of my hand with PVA and place the frame onto it. 



4 Have lots of fun picking which colours you want to fill parts of the frame, I used a Quickie Glue Pen to stick them in as it gets right into the corners of the triangles.


5  Foam mount the calendar onto the finished background.

6  Pop some magnetic tape onto the back of it, and voila you have a calendar for your fridge. 

Thanks for popping by today and I hope this will inspire you to use your Cameo for Christmas gifts.









No comments:

Post a Comment