Saturday 20 December 2014

Documented December - day Twenty - Festive Spirit.


Wow day twenty already, that went by pretty quickly.  I'm here to share with you today my thoughts for the Festive Spirit. 

Every year I place a lot of emphasis on the decorations, the perfect tree, the perfect table etc etc etc but I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say it all comes down to spending time with family and loved ones. Years ago we used to live in the Middle East where Christmas was hot as usual, a day off if we were lucky on Christmas Day and finding inventive ways of Santa visiting the children (no snow for a sleigh so he came by helicopter, camel and scuba boat onto the beach one year!) but being away from home made it even more important to be with friends on the day.

Christmas Day would be spent in a local hotel for dinner with all of our ex-pat friends, laughing, singing and watching the children playing but most of all having a wonderful time together.

This journal page from a Christmas journal a few years ago, is what it's all about for me. Being together with those you love. 


So for me the Festive Spirit is showing love to one another. 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Jaine, thanks for sharing and summing up what Christmas means to us all x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous post. That is exactly what the festive spirit should be Jaine <3 x

    ReplyDelete