Sunday 4 January 2015

Clare's February Calendar

I have been a huge fan of art journaling for a few years now. Seeing both Jaine and Sarah create amazing layouts, I knew I just had to try this out one day, and here we are, it is the New Year after all!

As you can see I wimped out on the messy layout for now, not because I'm afraid, ok I might be a little lol but mainly because I had this idea in my head and as much as I tried to think messy I just couldn't lol. There's always March's or Aprils calendar hee hee

*****
So anyway here's a little tutorial, just the main part though.

1 - Using a cutting knife remove a page from an old book.

2 - Stamp the girl and the scalloped border from the 'Wish Upon A Star' Doodle Doll set.

3 - Take the heart outline stamp from the 'Thinking of you'  Charm Street stamp set and stamp at          the bottom and on the girls dress.


  
4 - Doodle some stems to create heart flowers.


5 - Cut around the scalloped border.





6 - Using the 'Poppy' coloured Promarker, colour in all the hearts. Then using the 'Black' coloured            Promarker colour in the girls hair and shoes. The ink tends to bleed a little so be careful when              colouring around the edges.


7 - Next add some journalling. I used Tim Holtz label letters which I had in my stash.


8 - Finally add the ring mark stamp from the mini textures stamp set.


*****
Here's the finished layout



Let's go shopping in Sarah's online store!!

Mini background stamp set


Charm Street Cuties - Thinking of you stamp set


Doodle Doll - Wish Upon A Star


Calendar stamp set

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to download your free Calendar Template here.

Clare x

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you've used the wavy border, but I couldn't bring myself to take a page from a book ....eek!

    ReplyDelete