Tuesday 17 February 2015

Create a Calender - March (Claire N)

Hello, I'm back (Claire N) with you today to share my calender page for March



I used one of Sarah's Large Tiger Butterfly stamp, layered over the top of a watercolour wash on linen cardstock. I created the background wash with dry brushing Distress Ink sprays (weathered wood & tattered rose) onto artists canvas textured cardstock.
I used my craft mat as a palette, and by spraying the ink and mixing slightly I was able to ink up the large Fancy Deco Lattice background stamp and another subtle layer to the background I had created. The advantage of using the inks in this way is the randomness of the print, and perfect colour coordination with the background wash.




 The impression from the butterfly stamp has preserved some of the texture of the cardstock, and gives that slightly faded, vintage feel to the whole piece.

How are your calendars coming along?

3 comments:

  1. I love how that looks - I'm going to have to try those background and layering techniques some time! Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how that looks - I'm going to have to try those background and layering techniques some time! Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this Claire, the colours are gorgeous. Would never have thought of using textured cardstock but the effect is great xx

    ReplyDelete