Wednesday 11 February 2015

Mini Valentines Day Cards

Hi all,

It is Nicole here today to share a fun project for Valentines day, using the super cute Sarah Hurley Be Mine digi kit. I created two 3x3 card layouts digitally on the computer and printed them out on some nice textured card stock. I then cut these out.

I inked the edges of the card fronts with festive berries ink to give them a nice finished look. This helped them stand out on the card base.
I made card bases from black card stock for the cards, leaving a nice 3mm frame around the edge of the card front to frame them nicely.
 I took some red twine and tied it around the first card around the bottom of the card a few times.
 I added some wink of stella glitter shimmer to the birds and hearts on the cards too.
 On the second card I used my hole punch to add two holes in the top of the heart so that I could thread the twine through into a bow.


 This is a lovely quick way to make some mini cards to send to those loved ones. They are perfect for in lunch boxes or slipping into school bags too.

I hope you enjoyed!!

4 comments:

  1. These are so so cute Nicole and look amazing on the textured card stock (i'm off to my craft room, to sort out a super quick card for the weekend now then LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look gorgeous and very cute! Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look gorgeous and very cute! Susie x

    ReplyDelete