Sunday 26 April 2015

Rainy Day Fun


Good morning, Susie here and I've had some fun creating a scrap page using photos from our Easter school hols.  We had an amazing time on the rare rainy day we had: splashing in the water fountains, geocaching, playing in the play area and generally enjoying ourselves!  

I started by choosing this 12x12 card from one of Sarah's previous All My Favourite Things Kits and looked through all my scraps, journal cards, stamps and bits 'n' bobs and chose these as a starting point:

I stamped my Charm Street Cuties Rainy Day directly to my bottom left card corner and again onto white card.  The white card cutie was coloured with promarkers, fussy cut and added to my base. 


My many photos were sized to 4cm or 8cm squares (roughly!) and trimmed, before laying out on my base.  (I just printed them onto normal paper.) I started with my favourite large photo and placed it in the centre and layered the other photos from that one, keeping each theme together: geocaching, play area and fountain.  

I had alot of fun adding numerous clouds to the layout.  Some clouds were stamped and fussy cut using the clouds from the Rainy Day set, the Doodle Home set and some felt clouds from a Mini Embellishments pack.  Some clouds and raindrops were also stamped directly to the page and photos:


 This cute banner checklist (from All My Favourite Things kit) was a perfect addition to the page and echoed the pink jacket of one of the girls.


To add a bit of interest to the clear space on the lower part of the layout, I used the pattern block from Clare Brown's Ronnie the Robot set and stamped it following the lower line of my photos.  I drew some letters for the title (attempting to copy my journal writing on the checklist) and had a bit of fun doodling on them.  The scalloped underline is from the Doodle Home set.  I finished the page with my favourite Stardust stickles on all of the raindrops, around some clouds and on some of the letters in my title.  And I have a lovely keepsake of a fantastically fun day!!


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO Susie, I love the wee felt clouds, so cute :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you have arranged the photos x

    ReplyDelete