Thursday 14 May 2015

Stencils and Doodle Doll colouring fun!

Hi how are you today?

It's that time again when I get to share my calendar project, today I'm sharing my May layout. The calendar serves two purposes, the first is the storing of information such as deadlines, appointments and training etc as you would expect. The second purpose is that the design contains a gentle reminder which is relevant to me for that particular month. It can be a word, a quote or a picture, this month it's all about focus. You can read more about that and a blog hop I'm taking part in over on my blog.

If you would like to find out how I created this page or you want to have a go too, here are some step by step instructions with picture aids.

1 - Cut a piece of smooth white card stock 14cm (w) x 18cm (h) and using  tumbled glass distress inks and a blending tool gently cover the entire card creating a background.



2 - Using the same distress ink and some stencils add images and patterns.




3 - Next add some stamped images, here I used the crackle mini texture background stamp and a stamp from Sarah's A Few Of My Favourite Things kit. You'll be pleased to know more kits are coming soon, eeeeeep!!

To add some contrast gently rub some mowed lawn distress directly onto the page , this time  using a felt pad without the blending tool.



4 -  Next stamp the girl from the Dream A little Dream Doodle Doll stamp set using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and a medium acrylic clear block, onto smooth white cardstock. Colour in the image, here I used ShinHan alcohol colouring pens, they are amazing!!!

Then cut out remembering to leave a small border around the image. 



 5 - To add some dimension add some foam pads to the back of your cut out. In this instance I used some from Stix2.



6 - Using Tim Holtz label letters add the words focus and May.



7 - Next print off Sarah's free calendar template and using the calendar stamp set fill in the grids at the bottom of the page.

8 - Finally add the layout using double sided tape or glue of your choice.

Voila!!!



Pop by soon to see more inspiring projects from me and the design team.

Clare x

ps. I have a little give away if you would like to join in!


4 comments:

  1. I love the colours and the layers of stamping! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, loved creating this layout x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. awh thankyou and thankyou for popping over!

      Delete