Its Ria here today.
Shaker cards seems to be on-trend now and I'm sharing today my take in doing one. My first attempt to make one can be found here.
- I die cut my paper with the rectangle shape, then a square die cut for my window.
- I then stamped the flamingos and leaves that will go inside the window including the hill shaped die cut. For the 2 flamingos? I fussy cut them after stamping, then adhere them direct to the background base paper
- I put the clear acetate in the window, then flip them over to put the beads in there
- I put the dimensional foam, securing all the 4 sides to keep the beads from falling. Then adhere the stamped background to seal the window
- I added the birthday sentiment and gem stones for some more embellishment
I got the beads from my local store but you can also use sequins as you wish.
Great way to add more fun to a birthday card
And the full card
Until then! Enjoy the rest of the weekend :)
Special Edition stamps: Cupcake by Jaine Drake
A Few of my Favourite Things paper
Memento Texedo Black Inkpad
Rectangle & Square Dies